It’s getting more and more difficult to stand out from competitors and differentiate your business from others in your industry. You need to constantly look for new ways to wow customers when they walk through your doors.
One way you can do that is with electrifying digital video walls.
What Are Digital Video Walls?
Digital video walls are a group of high-definition displays placed next to each other to create the appearance of one massive screen.
Video walls can be connected so the screens present content as one oversized display. In that case, all of the screens show a section of the video so it appears as one image across all of the displays. For example, a wall with six screens (three across and two down) may show a blown up version of video content, making it more likely to catch attention and easier for audiences to view from a far distance.
Connected video walls can also be split so that portions of the screen are in sync while other screens are set to display their own unique content. For example, a wall with eight screens (four across and two down) may use four of the center screens to create one large display while using the outside screens to showcase other content such as a social media feed or news ticker.
What Can You Display on a Video Wall?
Videos walls use a digital content management system that makes them extremely versatile and flexible. You have almost unlimited options for what you can showcase on your screens.
The digital signage content on a video wall may include:
- Rotating slides of static graphics
- Videos and animations
- Product demos
- Private label TV
- Live cable pass-through
- News tickers
- Service menus
- Social media feed streams
- Curated social media content
- Weather updates
- Artwork and visual landscapes
Why Use a Digital Video Wall?
There are a few benefits that every business gets by having digital video walls in their locations.
Video walls give a business location an immediate uptick in appearance, professionalism, and sophistication. It provides a high-tech tone that impresses guests and presents your brand as high-end and forward-thinking.
Digital video walls make you stand out and leave a lasting impression on visitors and customers. But, that’s not all they can do.
The flexibility of this media allows you to adjust your screens to meet your business’s unique goals and needs. For example, if you want to:
- Increase sales: you can display engaging menus and product demos
- Impress guests: you can present a beautiful, surreal art display in your lobby
- Relieve human resource strain: you can offer a detailed directory and map of your location
- Entertain waiting patients: you can share entertaining and interesting programming and TV shows
- Reinforce your branding: you can feature your logo and tell branded stories
- Build online presence: you can highlight social media feeds and streams
Digital signage is powerful because you can customize it to serve your needs and best match the immediate goals and demands of your business. You decide what you outcome you need, and then design your system to provide it.
How to Bring Video Walls to Your Business
It’s not as difficult to bring this seemingly advanced technology to your business as you might think. To set up your digital signage, you need:
- HD Screens: To create the oversized viewing experience, you typically need four or more screens. The best screens for this digital presentation are commercial-grade LCD screens. Commercial-grade screens can withstand long-hours of airtime because they include heat dissipation plates and cooling fans. The size of your screens will be determined by the visuals you want to create and the space your screens will fill.
- Display Features: For your screens to run, you need nearby power outlets, HDMI or VGA inputs, and WiFi. If outlets aren’t in the right position, you may need to reroute wiring so cords are hidden and out-of-the-way. You also need the correct wires for connecting your screen to a media player. Also, Wi-Fi is often required for accessing your content management system.
- Media Player or Content Management System: A content management systems is the software you use to control and update your content. Some content management systems act as a media player alone, while others also give you the ability to make adjustments to the content.
- Content: Finally, no digital video wall is complete without the content. If you want to use this feature in your business, you need to create content on your own or hire a creative agency to develop and produce the content for you. Another option is working with a provider that offers a content library of videos and media you can choose to display. Or, you could also utilize live cable pass-through that shares live feeds from network channels.
While this may seem like a confusing list of items that you need to bring digital video walls to your business, meeting these specifications is not difficult -- especially when you work with a partner like Spectrio.
Spectrio specializes in setting up digital signage screens for single or multiple displays. We also have experts equipped to install screens to meet the perfect specifications for size, display appearance, and wall space. Our team ensures that all screens have the perfect placement for optimal viewing.
Additionally, Spectrio is also a content creation company. We have a full creative team that includes writers, animators, graphic designers, voice-over artists, and even live-action actors that can create on-brand, custom content for your business.
Learn More About Digital Videos Walls
Whether you want a digital video wall to display your restaurant’s specials or to guide visitors through your healthcare facility or to impress your hotel guests with creative artwork -- we can help you create the visuals and display tools you need.
To learn more about what it takes to bring digital videos walls to your business, please contact us today to set up your free consultation with one of our digital signage experts.