According to a recent report from SocialMediaExaminer.com, 90% of marketers said that social media was important to their business. It's likely that your company already has a Facebook and Twitter presence, but are you effectively completing the social media puzzle? Here are 5 tips to help you make the most of the social scene!
1. If your company uses press releases, make sure the headline is "Tweetable." It should be 140 characters or less, contain relevant keywords, and include your company's name.
2. Engage! Ask your clients what they think, respond to them, retweet and repost relevant informarion, and be proactive with your customer service. Don't just try to sell them something - interact with them!
3. If your company is B2B, LinkedIn offers many ways to connect with your audience. Share your expertise by addressing questions in the Answers section and get involved with Group discussions.
4. If you're not much for writing but you are great with public speaking, try a video blog. Create a branded YouTube channel for your company and embed videos on your website or post them to Facebook and Google+.
5. Make it easy for clients to find you online with a Social Media Press Kit. From one click in your email signature, clients are taken to a page that offers information about you and your company, plus links to all your social media pages. It gives them the opportunity to interact without cluttering your email signature with links and logos. Want your own Social Media Press Kit (SMPK)? Send us an email!
Do you have any other social media tips to share? Add them in the comments below!